Alex Fischer is a visual artist and digital designer working across multiple interfaces on personal interest and client projects. Through their career, Fischer has developed bodies of work for dissemination through commercial and public enterprises; succeeded as a digital architectural rendering designer; published in online and print publications, including a monograph, Alex Fischer (W9); and has acted as juror, mentor and speaker. In their art practice, Fischer creates unique prints and paintings with the assistance of artificial intelligence. Inspired by process-based image makers and new realist philosophies, Fischer’s practice is that of connecting aesthetic rationals and putting to task available technology. An artwork is place to rest, more or less, and a good place to inspire others to ask questions.
Select Available Works
- Alex Fischer: Boundless Exploration of Media and Space, Minus37. (interview)
- RBC Canadian Painting Competition, The Power Plant, Toronto. (exhibition)
- 1, 7, and 6000, O'Born Contemporary, Toronto. (exhibition)
- Artists Talk for OCAD Universities DPXA Atelier. (talk)
- The Art of Alex Fischer, by Harley Young, in Faint Magazine. (interview)
- Featured Artwork and Interview, MOSSLESS, Issue 2. Print. (interview)
- Alex Fischer: Smarter Today, Rachel Farquharson for Art Barrage. (interview)
- CV.txt for more.
A heartfelt thank you to those who help make this possible: family, friends, techs and fabricators, as well as the support of BNY Mellon, Donald O'Born, Canada Goose, Eqitable Bank, Leith Wheeler, Shrigley Battrick, Statoil, TD Bank Group, and The Ontario Arts Council.